So I get really excited over Halloween, I love the decorations, costumes, pumpkin carving and especially the baking. However when it comes to dressing up I find it much more interesting to be something not scary, because then you can have much more fun with it. I’m still deciding what to be this year, I’m thinking about being lady gaga, or a snail (A bit of a difference I know!). If you have any suggestions, Id love to hear them!
So as I prefer to be something un-scary for Halloween I find myself getting my fix of ‘goth makeup’ before Halloween, like im going to show you today.
I know this is unrelated but today I bought tickets to see Paul Hollywood on his tour today and I cant wait! So im in a particularly good mood. To further this good mood im wearing my cookie monster t-shirt, £5 at Primark!
So lets start the tutorial:
5) Next apply a turquoise shadow all over your lid and lower lashline. I’m using more of a green turquoise. (holy hell look at the end of my eyebrow here :O).
7) Next I apply a little bit of matte black eyeshadow to the outer third of my lower lashline for a smokey look. (what a mouthful…).
8) Next using a black gel liner (because that’s different of me…) and draw a medium thickness line across my lashline. he then line my waterline with a pencil gel liner. I tend to always use gel because its more long-wearing and smudge proof than pencil or liquid liners.
9) Next I curl my lashes and apply LOTS of mascara.
SHOCKER ALERT, a tutorial where im not using falsies, who would have thought, eh?
11) Next I apply bronzer all over my face (because my foundation was too light for me), I apply more under my cheekbones.
I skipped blush because I think dark makeup almost looks better when you have no colour in your cheeks; the point isn’t to look natural and glowy when you’re wearing black lipstick anyway!
Clinique even better foundation- 01 Albaster
Collection lasting perfection concealer- cool medium
Rimmel stay matte powder- peach glow
Avon glow bronser- medium rivieria
Nyx eyebrow cake powder- taupe/ash
Too faced shadow insurance- candlelight
MAC pro longerwaer paintpot- painterly
Mac eyeshadow- shimmermoss
Urban Decay Naked 2 palette (foxy, booty call, snake bite, blackout)
Maybelline gel liner- black
Avon supershock gel eyeliner pencil- black
Maybelline mega plush volume mascara-black
Barry M lip paint- 37
Thank you for reading, have a fabulous week!