So as I said in my last post, Im going to do a Lana Del Rey look today. Ive been really getting into her music at the moment- my favourite song is National Anthem. I also love her style, its so feminine and edgy, I love it!
Despite loving her style, I almost did not do this tutorial because Winged eyeliner NEVER looks right on me. So for me it was coming out of my comfort zone a bit.
So lets get on with the tutorial:
1) Starting with primed eyelids, take a light cream eyeshadow (or a shadow a few shades lighter than your skin tone) and apply it from your lashline to your brow. Make sure to use matte shades to get the true Lana look.
2) Then we pause eyeshadow for a bit to move on to eyeliner. Theres 3 stages for me doing liquid liner, so its easier to show you rather than explain it.
3) Then to get the cut crease like Lana, take a cool grey-brown and a small detail brush and draw a curve from the start of your crease (near your inner corner) and out towards the winged liner. I did the liner before this as it acts a bit like a guideline to where the shadow should go.
5) I didnt realize how shiny the eyeliner looked on the last photo so I added some matte black eyeshadow on top of the liner. I then applied mascara.
6) Next I apply lashes, and wait for it… NOT T-MART ONES! These are from Eldora, I got them at IMATS.
7) Next I contour and add some peach blush. Lana doesnt go over top with contouring and blush, so keep it subtle.
I also decided not to add a lip colour because in a lot of pictures of her, the lips are quite neutral, so I left them plain.
So here’s the finished look
^ Yes its the same picture. I only had 2 pictures of the final look because I did the typical woman thing and deleted a majority of the photos thinking they were good enough. Gosh, people these days.
I hope you like it!
Makeup forever HD foundation- 120
Collection lasting perfection concealer- light
Rimmel Stay Matte powder- Translucent
Sleek contour kit- Medium
Nyx powder blush- angel
Natural collection eyeshadow (I used it for eyebrows) – Crushed Walnut
Nyx One night in Morroco palette
Urban Decay eyeshadow- Blackout
Collection 24 hour eyeliner- black
Maybelline rocet mascara- black
Eldora eyelashes- H152
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial thanks for reading!
Oh and if you have any requests for future posts, COMMENT BELOW GURL.